• Melting icebergs are a metaphor for “change”.
• Melting icebergs come in different forms: products that are out of fashion, the knowledge that is no more relevant, a business strategy that is making losses consistently etc.
• This story is analogous to the common situation where people don't want to face up to difficult problems at home or at work.
• Never let complacency creep in our lives. Hard to change traditions and even harder to build a new culture.
• A changed “Thinking” and “Feelings” go a long way in changing the behaviour of people and leads them to better results in change management.
|No of pages||147|
|Published Date||01 Sep 2006|
Author : Holger Rathgeber2 Books
Holger is perhaps most widely known as the co-author of the best selling book, Our Iceberg is Melting, and subsequent fable, That’s Not How We Do It Here!. Holger has over 15 years of experience as a facilitator working with organizations to help them implement their strategies.
He has designed and delivered many leadership team interventions to drive effective strategy development, alignment, and execution in some of the most challenging business scenarios including acquisitions, radical shifts in go-to-market model and strategy, and turnaround transformations. Holger holds a degree in Economics from the University of Stuttgart-Hohenheim.
He is based out of Wiesbaden, Germany.
© 2022 Dharya Information Private Limited