|No of pages||1124|
|Book Publisher||Tata Mcgraw-Hill|
|Published Date||01 Nov 2007|
Author : Prasanna Chandra2 Books
© 2023 Dharya Information Private Limited
Financial Management: Theory and Practice celebrates the 23rd Anniversary of its publication. Over these two decades, Indian business and finance have considerably changed owing to deregulation, liberalisation, privatisation, globalisation, and the ascendance of the services sector. The book has kept pace with these changes and captures the central themes and concerns of corporate financial management-making it both contemporary and comprehensive.
The book seeks to: • Build understanding of the central ideas and theories of modern finance
• Develop familiarity with the analytical techniques helpful in financial decision making
• Furnish institutional material relevant for understanding the environment in which financial decisions are taken
• Discuss the practice of financial management. Notable changes in this edition include:
• Two new chapters-`Risk and Return: Portfolio Theory and Asset Pricing? and `The State of Our Knowledge?.
• Ten new sections/appendices
• Twelve mini cases • Integrally woven numerous spreadsheet models
• Number of boxes capturing insights and contemporary practices.